Intro - Prayer times calculator (beta)
Qiyam is a project by eSustain. It's a simple prayer times calculator for Muslims that works over the phone. Users call one of the phone numbers to our system, enter their zip code, and in return the system gives back the prayer times for that area and that day. This is especially handy when you are travelling outside of your hometown and would like to know exactly when to pray or when to break your fast. Currently, this service is only available in the United States. We just launched this service in beta (test) phase.
Free Registration for toll-free number
Users of qiyam need to register their phone number and email in order to use our toll-free number. Starting June 1st, 2013, users will not be able to use our system using the toll-free number unless the number they are calling from is registered with us. Users who are not registered may still use our toll numbers as usual. Please click on the following link to register:
Canadian cities added
Qiyam has extended its services to the following Canadian cities. To get prayer times to these cities, please enter the 5 digits below when the system asks for a zip code. Local airports have been used as exact locations to calculate prayer times for each city.
- Toronto, ON (10000)
- London, ON (20000)
- Waterloo, ON (30000)
- Hamilton, ON (40000)
- Windsor, ON (50000)
- Ottawa, ON (60000)
- Montreal, QC (70000)
More cities can be added on request.
Please give our system a try and give us any feedback that may be helpful in improvements. You may contact us at email@example.com.
The following is a brief article on Qiyam that was published by a local online publisher.
Please click here for article
What does Qiyam mean?
Qiyam is an Arabic word that means "to stand". Since Muslims spend the largest portion of their prayer standing, a prayer can also be referred to as qiyam. This is especially true for voluntary prayers during the night when standing part can be significantly longer than the rest of the prayers. To know more about the word qiyam, please search for the word online.
We chose Qiyam as the name of our project since its main objective is to let customers know when to "stand" in prayers.
How to access the qiyam system
- Dial the number 734-666-1918 (recommended)
- You may also dial 877-413-1553 to avoid toll
- Enter your 5 digit zip code when prompted
- The system will then calculate prayer times for the zip code on that day and repeat them to you
Your donations for the project are welcomed
- July 6th, 2010: Released test version
- July 14th, 2010: Added check for "not found" zip codes
- July 25th, 2010: Moved qiyam system to another, more reliable server
- July 25th, 2010: Added another test number which will eventually be abandoned [425-998-0399]
- August 2nd, 2010: Reserved a permanent toll free number for qiyam
- August 23rd, 2010: No more waiting until the beep to enter zip code - enter at any time
- September 2nd, 2010: Moved to a new version of qiyam software which includes the option to re-enter zip if first attempt fails
- November 8th, 2010: Fixed a bug due to which Qiyam did not switch to non DST
- February 28th, 2011: We started rewriting the back-end application in a more robust and scalable programming language
- April, 2013: Introduced free registration for users who wish to use our toll free number
Subscribe to get project updates
We are looking for businesses to support the project to take it to the next level and a more robust environment. If you are interested, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org